Scientific Advisory Board
The Scientific Advisory Board of the Centre for Climate Change Research, in accordance with the centre’s regulations, takes decisions on all matters relating to the substantive operations of the centre, and is the centre’s body responsible for issuing advice and expert opinions.
The board’s duties include, in particular:
- issuing expert opinions on the centre’s current work, including on the direction of its operations and development;
- indicating new directions in which to orient work or develop;
- applying to the centre director with initiatives for specific actions related to the functioning of the centre
- issuing expert opinions in other matters of relevance to the centre.
Scientific Advisory Board for the 2020-2024 term.
Prof. Dr. Astrid E.J. Ogilvie (Fellow, Royal Meterological Society; Fellow, Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research (INSTAAR) University of Colorado, USA; Senior Scientist, Stefansson Arctic Institute, Akureyri, Iceland; Professor Adjunct, Hunter College, CUNY, New York, USA; Visiting Professor, University of the Highlands and Islands, Orkney, Scotland; Adjunct Professor, Royal Roads University, Canada; Vice President of the International Society for Historical Climatology (ISHC)
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Brönnimann (Oeschger Centre for Climate Change Research; Institute of Geography, Climatology, University of Bern, Switzerland)
- Dr. Níels Einarsson (Director of the Stefansson Arctic Institute, Akureyri, Iceland;
Co-Director, Arctic Research Center (CER-ARCTIC), Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain; Senior Arctic Fellow, Institute of Arctic Studies, Dartmouth College, USA)
- Prof. Dr. Jürg Luterbacher (Director of the Science and Innovation Department and Chief Scientist at the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), Geneva, Switzerland)
- Prof. Dr. Dag Retsö (Department of Economic History and International Relations, Stockholm University, Sweden)
- Prof. Dr. Iain Robertson (Department of Geography, Swansea University, Wales, Great Britain; President of the Tree-ring Society, Tucson, Arizona, USA)